KIDS AND BABIES
Clear your baby's nose with nasal decongestant drops
A blocked nose could be a nightmare for parents, but it’s an even bigger problem for babies. Your little baba’s nose is small and can get blocked easily making them irritable when they need to feed or sleep. Using iliadin® Baby Nose Drops helps relieve your baby’s blocked nose.
Making sure you administer it correctly means they get the most out of iliadin® Baby Nose Drops. Doing it correctly will also decrease the chances of the solution running down the back of the throat and increase its exposure to the affected area. Here is how:
1. Clear your baby's nose with a tissue
2. Wash your hands thoroughly after
3. Before you instil nose drops into baby's nose, make sure to tilt their head back slightly
4. Take iliadin® Baby Nose Drops, slightly insert the nozzle into the baby's nostril, gently squeeze the dropper and administer 1 - 2 drops of the solution into the nostril. Repeat for the other nostril
5. For the best results, make sure your child holds the tilted position for a little longer, so the solution stays in the nostril and gets to work
NOTE: 1 - 2 drops into each nostril, two to three times a day, for babies between 1 month and 1 year old. iliadin® Baby Nose Drops should not be used for a period longer than five days6.
Following these steps will help, but if symptoms worsen consult your Doctor or healthcare provider.
None of the information contained herein should ever replace the advice of your healthcare provider.
1. Lieberman P. Patient education: Nonallergic rhinitis (runny or stuffy nose) (Beyond the Basics). In: UptoDate. [updated 7 Dec 2018; cited 12 Feb 2019]. Available from: UpToDate
2. NHS Foundation Trust. How to give your child nose ointment, drops or spray. [update Aug 2017; cited 12 Feb 2019]. Available from: Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
3. Nationwide Children’s. Suctioning the Nose with a Bulb Syringe. [updated Feb 2014; cited 5 Feb 2019]. Available from: NationWide Children's
4. Pillitteri A. Maternal & Child Health Nursing: Care of the Childbearing & Childrearing Family;2010. Available from: Google Books
5. Ponen S. How to use nose drops & sprays. Health Navigator New Zealand. [updated 6 Feb 2019; cited 12 Feb 2019]. Available from: Health Navigator New Zealand
6. National Asthma Council Australia. Intranasal spray technique for people with allergic rhinitis. ©2017. Available from: https://assets.nationalasthma.org.au/resources/Intranasal-Spray-Technique.pdf
7. Bihari M. What to Know About Using a Nasal Spray. [Homepage on Internet]. [ updated 4 Nov 2018; cited 17 Feb 2019]. Available from: Very Well Health
DID YOU KNOW?
A car’s air conditioner works miracles cleaning air filled with pollen. Don’t be shy to use it when travelling with your child.