We’ve all got our favourite foods that ease the pain when we’re “Man-Down”. Butternut soup is definitely one that tops the list. This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for those occasions when you’re feeling under the weather. Try the recipe below, that can feed up to six people and be frozen for use the next time someone is “Man-Down”.
1.5 kg Butternut (halved lengthwise with the seeds removed)
2 large Carrots (peeled and diced)
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon cracked Black pepper
1 large Onion (cut into wedges)
6 cloves Garlic (minced)
3-4 cups Chicken stock(use vegetable for a vegetarian option)
1/2 cup Cream
1) Place the butternut on a greased baking tray skin side down and surround it with the carrots, onion and garlic.
2) Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and season with the salt and pepper. Make sure to rub the seasoning over all of the vegetables, including the skin of the butternut.
3) Bake it in the oven at 200°C for 50 minutes to one hour, until it’s totally cooked.
4) Remove from the oven and leave to cool until you can spoon the butternut flesh out of the skin.
5) Place the veggies and three cups of stock into a deep pot on the stove over a medium heat. Use an immersion (stick) blender to blend it until it is smooth. If you find the consistency too thick, add a little more stock.
6) Heat until warm enough for your liking and stir in the cream before serving.
7) Add a slice of toasted bread for dipping and feel free to add some more salt and pepper if you like.
Want to give mom a well-deserved break? Feel relief from a blocked nose up to 2 days sooner¹* with iliadin® Metered Nose Spray. To see what happens when mom comes face to face with “Man-Down” click here.
DID YOU KNOW?
Men and women really do suffer from a cold differently. According to a US study, the female hormone oestrogen gives women a stronger immune system, enabling them to be more resistant to sickness compared to testosterone-driven men.
You are about to leave the iliadin® South Africa website and will be redirected to an external website. Would you like to leave?